Sunday, March 16, 2008

With Whom Will I Hang?

Yesterday's Chicago Tribune laid bare a troubling reality: Evanston Northwestern Healthcare (my institution) is in a spat with Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine over some form of interesting affiliation fee. I had no idea there were such fees, but hey, I'm just a doctor. Guess you gotta pay to play.

I had never heard of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science until I read the article. It seems that's the new name they gave the old Chicago Medical School. I'm embarrassed to say that I had to use Google Maps to know where they were located. (I guess I don't get out very much. Yikes, it's smack dab in the Great Lakes Naval Training Center and the North Chicago VA - geez, guys, I just retired!)

Can't wait to catch the buzz tomorrow morning. I wonder if it has anything to do with this? Rumor has it that Northwestern University Medical Center downtown was interested in the Rush North Shore Medical Center acquisition, too.

-Wes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your explanation.
If you hear anything more, could you keep us posted?